Saturday, January 15, 2011

CHEESE CRISPS

CHEESE CRISPS
1- Flour Tortilla
1 -Tablespoon Sour Cream, plus extra for garnish
1-2 -Tablespoons Diced Jalapeno Peppers
1 ½ -Ounces of Monterey, or Jack cheese
Salsa and or Cholula

Preheat broiler. Arrange tortilla directly on oven rack 6 inches from heat source, and broil until lightly toasted. 1-2 minutes.  Transfer tortilla to baking sheet; top with sour cream, peppers and sprinkle with cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted and a little brown. 1-2 minutes
To serve, cut tortilla like a pizza and serve topped with sour cream.
I ran across this recipe and had to make it. I had a friend in the 80’s that made this appetizer every time we came to her home. This was one of her favorite appetizers and I must have liked it as I wrote it down. During the Seahawks game this past weekend I made these Cheese Crisps and they were so good we ate them up without getting a picture. Anyone can make this recipe as it’s very basic and yummy. I didn’t toast the tortilla twice; I just put the sour cream, Chula and cheese on the tortilla and broiled it. This is a like a little opened face cheese quesadilla.
Keep

No comments:

Post a Comment